Welcome to The HistoryMakers!


I could not be more excited to start my fellowship at The HistoryMakers this summer, where I can truly say, where much is given, much is expected. Let’s go over the terms of this agreement, I work ten hour days, submit enormous amounts of paperwork, process three program collections, and produce thirty, fifteen page (highly descriptive) finding aids. In exchange, I receive lectures from Archives and History professors, visit Chicago archival repositories, a trip to the national conference, all the while building a professional network, and a practically guaranteed opportunity for permanent employment at the conclusion of the program. Since African American History is of special interest to me, and working in Archives is a professional passion for me, (so much, that I have been doing it for free, for the past two years) this sounds like the deal of a lifetime. I intend to take full advantage of it.

Comments

Popular Posts